A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

cuff ponderings

I cast on the left sleeve and I've finished all the short rows. I have knit 2 repeats of the chart for the cuff and casually checked the gauge. In the magazine photos, the cuff just fits around the model's wrist. By my calculations (and the chart in the magazine), the finished cuff will be 10" around. I held the measuring tape around my wrist and I'm going to end up with a really loose cuff. So does the model have thick wrists or does the knitted sample have a cuff smaller than 10"?

I have a cast on question... When you do a backwards loop cast on, do you cast on with the needle in your right or left hand? The glossary shows the needle in your right hand. Does it matter? Which way are you doing it and how does it look?

1 Comments:

At 1/21/2007 5:11 PM, Blogger alala said...

I hold the needle in my right hand. There's a site that has a little video of a backward loop cast on here, and that's pretty much how I do it, except I loop the yarn around my left thumb instead of my forefinger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home