A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another Arwen, imagine that.




Here is my beloved Arwen coming along in Berroco Pleasure (66% Angora, 29% Merino and 5% Nylon) which is an aptly named yarn. I was on the mend last week and found that knitting this while watching a LOTR home marathon was a great way to recuperate. I started with this piece and am saving the back for last. I'm so glad that our hosts, or one of them anyway, were able to move this over to the new blogger because I feel as if I've been knitting in a vacuum and am absolutely thrilled to be able to show this off! My kitty agreed that the cable shows well in shadow and helped out with the second shot. I found that the cuff was tricky to graft only because I did such a sloppy job with the backward loop cast on. When I did the extra cast on at the hood I reviewed the directions for that sort of cast on and had an "Ah-HA" moment realizing that I didn't do it quite right the first time. A little fancy needlework ensued on the cuff (something like crewel embroidery) and it's not bad. But you're not seeing a picture of it!

2 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 11:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Your cardi is so lovely. I started with the back and am still there. I am anxious to get to those gorgeous cables, but life keeps telling me that simple stockinette can be soothing and I am working on the right piece for me.

 
At 1/18/2007 8:44 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Thank you Sarah! Knitting up the back will be like sledding down a hill when I get there. Stockinette can be rather trancelike, though, and that can be the right thing at the right time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home