A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Finally, I'm onto the good part


I finally finished the back today - took me long enough. The colour in the picture isn't very good - it's Cascade 220 in lavender heather. My cat, Ricky is modelling it while snoozing on my clean laundry (yeesh). I have cast on the left front. I understand why people don't like the cast on row of the cable section. But I don't care...


I love them cables. It is just so slick that it's reversible. I have already finished 2 repeats and am doing the math to figure out how many extra short rows I want to do to widen the sleeves. My row gauge is off a little so I need to take that into account. I am also planning on changing the way the hood is constructed (i.e. picking up sts from the back neck and knitting both the left & right sides at the same time and then grafting the cable at the top and using the 3 needle bind off for the stockinette).


Back to my cabling...

2 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 11:01 PM, Blogger Sally Swappa said...

I'm sure the color is lovely! The pic is priceless!

 
At 1/16/2007 10:59 AM, Blogger birana said...

I'll say as Lori.. sometimes pics doesn't show real color... but it shows your cat comfort. It's hard a cat life. hein!?! I'm at beginning of front too and I love cables, so i don't think it's gonna be trouble. Have a good day. Birana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home