A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

mistake


My dh and I took a trip to see my mother in New Bern, NC this weekend. I took Arwen along with me. I am currently working on the right side and am about done with the sleeve portion. Late yesterday, as we were driving back and the light was fading...... I noticed it. I had made 2 HUGE mistakes in the cabling. I must have gone cf instead of cb and in tandem too. The thing about me is, that I have put so much work into this thing, that I won't fix it. It will just become part of the story of Arwen that I tell people when they comment on her. Hope y'all are cabling along. Have a great day!!! catie in roanoke

5 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Cate, I have two mistakes in my cable, and I'm not fixing them either. I'll be the only one (aside from all of you of course!) who'll ever know they're there, and I don't knit for perfection, I knit for pleasure. If it's important to me, I fix an error. If not, it just becomes part of the fabric of my life, wherein mistakes are made and lessons are learned.

 
At 1/16/2007 1:11 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

I have one of those exact same mistakes, and I'm not fixing it either. Knit on!

 
At 1/16/2007 4:05 PM, Blogger birana said...

I totally agree with you girls... that's what i'm killing myself to make so person understand sometimes.. it looks good, it fits nice!... Then you're the only one to know your mistake and we always see them worst than they really are. I'm working in woman garment industry and I can tell you there's really ''nice shit'' sometimes in stores and only an eye used (like me... unfortunatly) are going to notice little detail. So that all for my speach :). Take your needle and knit that wonderful cardigan.

 
At 1/17/2007 1:53 PM, Blogger alala said...

Hey, it's those little imperfections that give it character, and prove it's really handmade!

 
At 1/22/2007 9:03 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

There's a way to fix cables without frogging back. I've not tried it, but Stephanie details it (with pictures!) at http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/06/20/all_is_not_lost.html

Arwen is lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home