A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

per request

Here's a scan of the seed-stitch edge FemiKnitMafia requested - yes, I couldn't hold the camera still enough to get a non-blurry shot, so I stuck my knitting in the scanner. Still a bit lumpy, but I think blocking will fix that.

Also, awhile back, some people asked me to write more about knitting Arwen in one piece. At the time there was nothing to write, because you just cast on the front-right, back, and front-left stitches, then work even for the first 12 inches. Which I have done. And now it's time to take the leap.

Right. So. I placed blue ring markers where the side seams would be if I weren't so averse to sewing, so the next thing to do is knit across the right front, slip the blue marker, and backloop 90 stitches. The back and left-front will just sit on the needles until they are needed, I suppose, or I'll put them on ribbon.

Wish me luck. Here we go!

3 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 1:24 PM, Blogger Dotty said...

Hey - what a smart idea to use the scanner. I bet you get good colour accuracy as well as a non-blurry image. I'll have to remember that for next time.

 
At 1/21/2007 4:04 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Ok, I'm intrigued! Let's see a picture of the back on a ribbon while the front and sleeves keep growing.

 
At 1/21/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger alala said...

The scanner's resolution is very good, but actually, with this yarn the color hasn't been. It came out this weird gray and I had to mess with it to get it something like the actual color I'm using.

As for the focus, a scanner's um, whaddyacallit, depth-of-field is very, very narrow. If you click the image to embiggen, you'll see that the knit stitches of the cable are nice and clear, but the purl stitches are blurry. Still, with a camera in my hands, it'd all be blurry, so this is an improvement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home