A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

progress

As promised, here's my progress on Arwen's left front. I have a few more inches on the hood and then it will be complete. Before I knit the right front and block, I'm taking a break from Arwen to do some quick knits from my stash.

I have a question about blocking: since the cuff is already knitted for the sleeves, how do I block the sleeve? I don't know how to block something that cannot be flattened and pinned.

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Dotty said...

To block the sleeve, you will need to fold it in half lengthwise - as if the whole sleeve has already been seamed. That's the only way it will work. You can only pin the seam side. If you have blocking wires (or string/thread), you can slip one inside the sleeve and use it to block the top of the sleeve.

 
At 1/17/2007 7:22 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I like dotty's suggestion but just wanted to say what a beautiful, rich color you chose! I entered the yarn shop with a deep red in mind but was seduced by a lovely yarn on sale, which I am very much in love with but yours is what I originally envisioned for my Arwen. I look forward to seeing its progress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home