A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

KAL Newbie

I was thrilled when I came across the Arwen Knit-Along. This is my first knit-along and I couldn't think of a project for it. My sister received the Winter IK magazine as a stocking stuffer for Christmas and I received 7 skeins of Plymouth Encore Worsted in a soft, earthy green called English Fern - my sister got it with the idea that it was enough to make a sweater. I had to find a project worthy of my yummy yarn, of course. As we were thumbing through the pages and drooling over the various patterns, I knew my yarn would be perfect for the Cardigan for Arwen. I just started knitting the swatch today - only because I've been attempting to complete the massive amount of other projects I have going. My other projects are just going to have to wait, though, because I'm itching to get going on this baby. I'll put some pictures up when I've actually knitted more than the swatch. And on a side note, everyone's sweaters are looking definitely lovely!

1 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 8:38 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh ... earthy green. I can't wait to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home