A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

new member

Umm, hi! I waited to join the knit-along until I could find just the right yarn, and then I was kinda too busy knitting and listening to podcasts. But I'm here now!

Here's my (blurry photo of a) work in progress. I hate hate hate sewing seams, so I've modified the pattern to knit in one piece, which is why there's so much on the needles there. I'll let you know how that goes. I also didn't like the bottom hem and cable panel difference, so I bagged the hem and started with an inch of seed stitch instead. Seems to be going well so far, I'm on auto-pilot until it's time to start the sleeves.

This is my first Knit-along, and I think it's a really cool idea.

-alala

3 Comments:

At 1/07/2007 11:05 AM, Blogger Beth S. said...

You're knitting the whole thing in one piece? Please do post more about that, if you can... the construction of Arwen is challenging enough without trying to do it all in one piece! This will be very interesting to watch.

 
At 1/07/2007 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed that you are knitting your Arwen in one piece. Please do tell how you're doing it. At this point, I'm just about ready to cast on for the left sleeve.

 
At 1/10/2007 8:41 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Yes, yes. Post details. And I'd like to see a close-up of your seed stitch edging.
[no pressure] ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home