A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Color me complete too!



Hello Everyone!

Long time, no post!

It appears as though my Flickr uploader is acting wonky on me so I'm just uploading my image straight from my computer for this post. As you can see; I'm done with Arwen!

Just like Nadine, I used Mission Falls 1824 Wool, except I used a pink/purple color #025. I absolutely love this yarn. If you're looking to get this yarn for the cheapest price possible, check out Yarn Forward and their Mission Falls section. I'm too spoiled with how pleased I am with how this came out to want to try any other brands. ;-p



I must say that I love my Arwen! The only thing I would change is the bust shaping. I can barely get my Arwen to close in the front, and I knit the 37 1/2 inch bust size! (I techniquely measure 33 inches around, but I seriously think cup size has something to do with it as well.)

The only modifications I made to my version is that I knit two extra sets of short rows before casting off the sleeves. Other than that, I followed the pattern as written.

Sorry for the crummy pictures, I couldn't get anyone to take a picture of me in my new cardigan. (No one else in my immediate family understands my love of knitting and satisfaction over completed projects!)

Any further questions, let me know! Other than that, please color me maroon! ;-D

Lovin' my Arwen,

Anna of Anna's Yarn Mansion

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4/20/2007 5:59 AM, Blogger Zenzele said...

Very nice - I love the color! Haven't used Mission Falls yarn before, so I'll have to try it out.

 
At 4/20/2007 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallo, its lovely, you made it so good, i have just started on my arwen i knitt in some wool and acryl

 
At 4/20/2007 7:23 AM, Blogger Maggan said...

It looks wonderful! The color is soo nice. Congrats! I havenĀ“t started yet on mine :( But I will as soon as my Elizabeth I (A Starmore) is finished.

 
At 4/20/2007 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful on you! Great job.

 
At 4/21/2007 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Arwen is gorgeous! 1824 is wonderful yarn. Congratulations on your lovely finish!

 
At 5/03/2007 2:36 PM, Blogger alala said...

beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home