A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Almost done!

The finish line is in sight for my Arwen - I've got about 9" of the hood, so only 4" and the grafting to go:



I'm not a big fan of finishing, so I decided to seam it all up and knit the hood in one piece. All the ends are woven in and I sewed the hem in place, so once I graft the hood seam, I'm done!

I'm giving this sweater to a friend when I visit her next week, so I'll (hopefully) post some finished shots of her wearing it after that.

4 Comments:

At 3/17/2007 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Arwen is beautiful, congratulations! I am knitting my fronts and back at the same time to avoid seams. Have you blogged anywhere about your hood? I'd be interested.

 
At 3/19/2007 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing I'm most impressed with is the edges on the cable areas--looks PERFECT!

 
At 3/19/2007 6:44 PM, Blogger alala said...

Wow, that looks terrific! The yarn really shows off the cable beautifully!

 
At 3/22/2007 10:25 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll be writing up a blog entry on this sweater next week, where I'll give details on the mods I made, including how I knit the hood. I'll post here too, of course, once I've got some finished shots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home