A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Minor Modification

I just wanted to show one thing I've done differently from the instructions. I doubt I am the only one to have done this, but I thought I would share for those early in the process. I knit the hem together with the body of the sweater rather than waiting and sewing them together later. I learned to do this when knitting from the book Hats On! (an excellent book with great patterns and techniques) by Charlene Schurch.

I am still working along on the right front. My progress is a bit slow as other projects keep jumping in the way. It's nice to keep a gentler pace on this. For speed knitting, I have Sock Madness.

2 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger white oak studio said...

Yes, I did that too. Isn't that a great technique?! I learned about it from this blog a few months ago....

Jana

 
At 4/25/2007 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did this too. It's so nice to 1) have it out of the way, not looming over me as a part of the finishing process; and 2) Look at it all done up... it looks so nice, right from the get-go.

Leaving it to sew later is one of the many poor design choices I've found in this knit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home