A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Newbie's first post

Hi everyone -

I just joined the knitalong and started Arwen about a week ago. I've finished the back piece (quicker than I thought) and am working on the left front. I've just finished the first set of short rows on the sleeve and am working the loooong rows even at the moment. After reading on this blog that a number of people found the upper arm too snug and the cuff too big, I decided to add an extra set of short rows to try and alleviate this problem a bit. We'll see how that works out... did anyone else try that, by any chance?

Here's a progress photo:



I'm using Cascade 220 in a lovely heathered teal color. This sweater is actually going to be a birthday gift for a close friend. I'm hoping to finish it by 3/23 so I can give it to her when I see her. I'm not blogging much about it, which is why I'm grateful to have this knitalong!

Cheers,
Elizabeth
from A Mingled Yarn

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 8:14 AM, Blogger Thea said...

Hi, I'm in the same arm quandry as you - am thinking the extra short row is a good idea. I'm also worried about the cuff though - 5" seems so tight. You heard the cuff was loose? I'm thinking of adding an extra row at the bottom (an extra extension of the last cable row so the kitchner might still look ok) any thoughts??

 
At 2/26/2007 11:56 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

the cuff should measure 10" when done - the 5" measurement is only for half the sleeve. I think that's why a few people have commented that it seems big. I'm nearly to the point where I'm going to bind off for the shoulder, and the measurements are working out well with the extra short row - so I'd say give it a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home