A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A newbie and a question...

Hi there!

I have the entire left front and back done on the cardigan. I am using Knitpicks Andean Silk in cornflower, and I am LOVING the way the cables look on it, and I just love the yarn in general.

ANYWAY, I just grafted the cuff together, and as you can see while it isn't seamless, it isn't horrible enough to rip apart and redo (btw what a PITA grafting this thing!!) so what should I do for the second cuff. Do the same and make them match or do a provisional cast on and kitchener the two together way easier and just have them not match?

I honestly don't know what to do so I thought I would ask you all!!

Oh, here is the cuff:

Cardigan for Arwen Cuff

Thanks for all your opinions!!

Nessa

4 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 12:58 PM, Blogger alala said...

I've already done the provisional cast-on for the second sleeve, after having the exact same problem. I've decided the stress of an inexact match is less than the stress of going through that process again.

 
At 2/26/2007 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having the same problem, but I think I'm going to make them match. It would bug me to no end if they didn't!

 
At 2/26/2007 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I'm not a member of this KAL but I did knit the sweater... I had the same problem with the sleeve grafting. What I did was to do the second one with the prov. cast on and a much nicer looking graft, and then I duplicate stitched over the weird looking bits on the first sleeve. It looks a bit wonky still on the back side, but great on the public side, so I am happy!

 
At 2/26/2007 6:51 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh gosh, that is a great idea!! I am totally going to do that, because I don't really care about the inside, the outside is what matters, LOL. Then I will do the provisional cast on for the second sleeve. I just don't think I can handle doing the wierd grafting again. I think I will duplicate stitch first though, and see how it looks because I am like kenya, it will bug me if it doesn't match, LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home