A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

MAROON at last!



Actually, Arwen's blocking day was a week ago yesterday and I began wearing her February 15. Then I left for vacation in Atlanta so she's been around! I am very, very happy with it. I am proud of the hood graft, comfortable with the sleeve grafts though dismayed at the sleeve length. NEXT TIME I plan to measure my own arms a bit more carefully. I had made her a larger size for for the body and should have kept the sleeve length for the smaller size. The next time I block her I am really going to try to perform magic with water!
Yarn: Berroco "Pleasure" Cast on: January 1st, 2007 during the Rose Parade! Cast Off: February 13, 2007. Special thanks to whomever it was in the knitalong who mentioned the Knitty.com article about mattress stitch. My seams look darn good for having reviewed that article first. I look forward to seeing my name in MAROON!

4 Comments:

At 2/22/2007 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for finishing! Great job.

 
At 2/23/2007 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, that really did turn out pretty. It complements your skin wonderfully! :-)

 
At 2/23/2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Such a beautiful sweater! And to think, I saw just when it was a baby on the needles. Now it's all grown up and ready for the world. Kudos to you. A founding member DKC triumph!

 
At 2/26/2007 7:55 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Gosh, (blushing) thanks everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home