A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

short-row close-up

Right, well, fortunately (cough, cough) when I started grafting the sleeve (at the cuff end, hoping to get the worst over with first) I realized it was too big. So I ripped out all those short rows and 8 even rows (one pattern repeat), and was midway through re-doing the short rows when I got lady lynx's request for the close-up of the short rows.

Now, my digital camera is a sad and sorry digital camera, and unblocked knitting is all curly, so yes, those are my fingers holding the knitting flat in my scanner. I don't know what happened to the color. However, the point is, you can see a wrapped stitch at either end, where the fingers are: that's how it should look, before the wraps are knitted in.

After the wraps are knitted in, it should look just like plain jersey fabric. I did make a scan of the short rows at the bottom of the sleeve, to illustrate this, but I can't find my wrapped and worked-in stitches in the picture. Yes, they are that invisible. Cool, huh?

Also, some people are working with nice light colors and less-fuzzy yarn, and could probably supply clearer pictures. Any volunteers?

Edit: here's a video tutorial on short rows.

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2007 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, very much, it helped a lot..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home