A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Before the Frog



I copied an idea I saw on the Yahoo group, and decided to put a tree on the back. This is the picture before I frogged it though. The woman who did it on the other group put less purl stitches before the pattern, which I really liked a lot better than the way I was doing it. You can't really tell from this picture, but I have 12 st of stockinette, followed by 10 st of purl before the roots begin. I have frogged it, and now have 22 stitches of stockinette, then the pattern begins. It looks a lot nicer. I am using Malabrigo Color Marrongon #270 (I think). I love the way it is knitting up and I love the color. It is varying degrees of brown with a bit of red. It will take me a while though to really get moving on it, as I still have leftover xmas knitting to do, a sweater for my LYS that I HAVE to get done first, as well as miscellaneous smaller projects. Hopefully it won't sit waiting for too long though!

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 3:28 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh Malabrigo! Ma ... lllaaa ... brrrriii ... go. Yummy.

 
At 1/12/2007 9:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I have Malabrigo stashed for this too in Rich Chocolate! Where did you get the tree pattern - I love that too.

 
At 1/14/2007 1:21 AM, Blogger Pixie Purl said...

The tree pattern is here:
http://community.livejournal.com/advanced_knit/192971.html
I got the idea from a woman on the yahoo group whose blog is here:
http://myblog.de/clarissa
Sometimes I have trouble with the livejournal links, so if it doesn't work, scroll down on her blog (its in german) until you see the Arwen Tree link (that's in English)
The tree definitely keeps away the boredom of st st on the back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home