A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Old Blogger, new Blogger

We have a slew of would-be new members who haven't been able to join our knitalong properly due to "old Blogger / new Blogger" issues. This is very frustrating all around, and unfortunately, not a thing can be done about it until this blog makes the transition to the "new Blogger"--which will mean that all the current participants will have to make the transition, too, in order to continue to post. So this is a problem that affects every single one of us.

I've tried multiple times to move my personal account to the "new Blogger", but each time I try it, I get a "Sorry, some of your blogs cannot be moved at this time" error message. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, I think it would indicate that this blog is the sticking point, in which case we'll have to have a chat with the Blogger Help guys. (Man, I hope it doesn't come to that.)

To everyone whose invitation isn't working: I'm really, really sorry, and I hope you can hang on just a bit longer while the Mafia and I try to figure out how to get the blog on the new system.

To everyone who's still hanging out on the "old Blogger": it's time to start looking into switching over to the "new Blogger". I don't think it's something we have a choice about: I think I remember reading that at some point Blogger is going to suspend all "old" accounts unless they switch over to the new system, so the clock is ticking.

And in further bad news, I think my Arwen is too big, and will have to be frogged. Even though I swatched! Grrrr.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I switched my baby blog to New Coke last month, and it went well. Both KALs I belong to, including this one, are still Old Coke, but all that seems to happen is that I get an error message next to these blogs when I sign in. Good luck! I'll be waiting on the other side.

 
At 1/10/2007 2:47 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Beth, Could you please send me a new invitation to the new blogger? I can't access it at all! I got here through searching for the new kal's. Thanks, Donna

 
At 1/10/2007 2:55 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Looks like this one is now under new blogger, as it is showing up under my account, which was switched several weeks ago without incident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home