A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Arwen Update




Hi all! I'm still plugging along on Arwen's left front. The back is finished, but I left it on a cable just in case I want to make it longer.

I've finally found the rhythm for these cables, and am having so much fun with them, especially since I'm using Grumperina's tutorial on the subject. I'm approaching the left arm, and feel a little intimidated: I've never done a sleeve like this before. My plan is to wing it!

cross-posted to my blog

5 Comments:

At 1/07/2007 2:49 PM, Blogger alala said...

Wing it. Heh. Good one.

The cable without a cable needle grumperina thing? I've just learned that, and am using it on this project too! It's a bit tight, because my needles are a bit small for my yarn (because I wanted a slightly stiffer, non-drapey sweater), but so far I'm liking it a lot.

 
At 1/07/2007 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great so far, I say wing it :)

 
At 1/10/2007 8:39 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

The rest looks lovely, so you're clearly on the right track. I agree with the masses -- wing it. Then post your progress so we can all revel in the glory.

 
At 1/10/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Olotie said...

Love that color.... :)

 
At 1/11/2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Sally Swappa said...

Ahhh a kindrend spirit! Love your yarn! Great color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home