A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

how to attach the sleeves to the back when knitting Arwen in one piece

Well, one way, anyway. It's a little difficult to explain, but um. I joined new yarn at the right armpit (with a nice long tail, because the armpits needed some tightening anyway) and knitted across to the last stitch. I slipped that last stitch, then picked up one stitch in the selvedge edge of the back of the left sleeve and passed the slipped stitch over the picked-up stitch. I always slip my selvedge stitches, so I had a nice clean edge to work with.

As you can see, there is a visible line, but it's not nearly as lumpy as a sewn seam would be. Erm, a seam sewn by me, I mean. I'm sure y'all are much better at seam-sewing than I am.

1 Comments:

At 10/26/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Bev said...

thanks for the "tutorial"! I think that will help a lot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home