A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Friday, June 29, 2007

I figured out the provisional cast on!



Ok, I understand for the experts of this group I probably sound like a real DORK, but until this project my knitting had all been very "old school" -- the most exotic thing I had done was knit a pull over sweater from the top down all of a piece.

A bit of explanation about the picture....the lavendar yarn at the top edge is my "stitch holder" for the left side and the back of the sweater.

The lavendar yarn in the center is my provisional cast on for the right sleeve. I have done about 3 rows on the sleeve and now realize that I must next figure out the much feared "short rows"....something I was NOT going to attempt at 10:45 p.m. after being up since 5:30 a.m.!

Perhaps today...

2 Comments:

At 7/01/2007 6:23 PM, Blogger alala said...

Congratulations! Isn't it handy? I learned the provisional cast-on for this project, and I'm so pleased with it that I look for excuses to use it on other projects.

There's a video on short rows here that may help. It's down near the bottom of the page.

 
At 7/02/2007 9:47 AM, Blogger Bev said...

thanks! and that did help....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home