A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

OH NO! (why not getting gauge BOTH ways will come back to haunt you)

I've been knitting blissfully along, smirking slightly and feeling superior that I was almost half way up the first sleeve, and it is a Christmas present, and it was going so well, etc., etc., etc.

Then the fact that I was only able to get gauge with this yarn and these needles in one direction caught up with me and bit me in the butt.

There I was, not even half way through the sleeve and finding that the front edge was already the full length it was supposed to be when finished....Uh, DUH!

Obviously there will be a trip to the frog pond (rip it, rip it) in my future here. Nuts!

I've now spent quite a bit of time recalculating all of the lengths of each section and converting them to my actual guage and figuring out how far back I'll need to take this.

So today I will be running a "rescue thread" in the row that I need to rip back to, making very careful note of the sequence of stitches in the cable section and letting it rip.....{sigh}

I am strongly considering working both sleeves at the same time when I start in again tho' at least then I can be sure they will match.

1 Comments:

At 7/14/2007 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry, Bev! That row gauge can bite you in the backside sometimes. I'm glad the rest of this has been sailing along for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home