A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hmmmmm

Well I finished her, seamed her up and she is currently blocking. With and arm span of 6 feet. Ummmm isn't that a bit big? I mean I am 5'9 but 6 feet??? I am freaking out a bit. I blocked it according to what it should be for my size, except for the upper arm which I added 2 inches too. It is also 2 inches longer, which I did on purpose. But 6 FEET???

I am going to be worried about this sweater until it is full dry and I can try it on.

This is my first sweater ever. I have been working on her since January. If this fails I don't know what I will do!!!

2 Comments:

At 5/10/2007 11:18 PM, Blogger Dotty said...

The cables on the cuffs are reversible so you could fold them up and have the wrong side out. That might shorten the sleeves enough that you could wear it.

Good luck!

 
At 5/25/2007 7:21 PM, Blogger Patti said...

dotty is right about folding up the sleeves. That's exactly what I had to do, too. The next time I soak and block it I intend to try to persuade some of that sleeve length into width. My sleeve width was fine, but the length was remarkable. Good luck with your sleeves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home