A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Getting my act together

Hello all,

After a long time lurking around this knit-a-long I am finally going to start Arwen. I've been swatching, and hope to cast on this weekend. The yarn is Karabella Aurora 8 in a gray/brown sort of color. Neither of these pictures is quite right, but you can get a vague idea.

Has anyone added waist shaping?

There's a more extensive post about my yarn choice on my blog.

1 Comments:

At 2/03/2007 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi -- I'm not on this KAL, although I am knitting Arwen right now. Anyhow, I added waist shaping (easy pie,) lengthened it by two inches, and am adding some width to the arms by using the tips on this KAL. The arms look pretty tight in the Interweave photo, which means that they'll probably pull outward at the chest, making the unaltered version difficult to fit if one has curves. Good luck -- Yvonne.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home