A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Arwen's back is covered

I finished the back, seamed, hemmed, and worked in most of my ends. I like to do a lot of finishing before the end of the knitting. Sometimes, it takes me forever to finish if I don't have the finishing started.

INFORMATION TO ALL

This may be a blinding flash of obvious to most, but when I was hemming, I was unhappy with the big lump where the side seams lay, one on top of the other. I decided to pick out the seam for the hem, and begin the side seam at the purl stitch which forms the fold. I then hemmed each section in between those seam lines, and to the selvage stitches. Thus, no lumps at the side for the hem.

I'm not sure the picture actually helps, but here it is anyway. Make sense?



2 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic so far!

 
At 2/02/2007 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seaming before finishing the knitting is a great idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home