A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We have dropped stitches in cables!

Last night I was feeling rather pleased with my knitting, so of course disaster soon struck. Well, maybe not disaster, but for me a knitting mess. I dropped three count 'em three stitches in my pretty arwen cables, and can't figure out how to pick them up. I have stared at it, turned it over, studied the chart, etc, but all I have to show for it is a headache. I've considered frogging, but I'm afraid I won't be able to pick up those stitches either. As evidenced by this post, I am a cable novice. Any advice is welcome.

PS: Femiknitmafia, thanks for the link on knitting photos!

3 Comments:

At 11/22/2006 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can suggest is frogging back to a row where you aren't cabling and pick up from there (I might be able to give better advice if I had my stinkin' IK! If I don't have it by Friday, they're sendng me another one, but I want one NOW!)

 
At 12/01/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger Beth S. said...

Yeah, I think I'd do what Barb suggests as well. Ugh! Sorry to hear about this development.

 
At 12/11/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger Dharmafey said...

Oh! An intermediate option might be to carefully drop just the stitches in the cabled section down to where you know all is well, and then using dpn's, just re-knit the cabled section. I have done this successfully, and have also seen a tute somewhere....but I can't find it right now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home