A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Hi Everybody

I'm Sharon, I just joined. I fell in love with this cardigan the moment I opened my IK magazine. But I still have not settled on what yarn to use. I'm almost going for the Swish Superwash (color Dublin-- that color name almost has me convinced) but now my husband Jaya is making noises about us not spending any extra money right now (we just bought a house), so it may take me a couple days to convince him! Really, he wants me to finish a project for HIM first.

This is my first knitalong, I think it's a great idea. Since I am still in the yarn purchasing stage, I am eagerly reading how each type of yarn is working out for everyone. Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

At 11/20/2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome!

 
At 11/20/2006 11:28 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Welcome. As someone else who just bought a house, I understand the frustration of wanting some of the cheapest yarn on the market and still feeling that it's too expensive. I was angling for some Wool of the Andes for my recent birthday present. But alas, I'm using stash yarn. Albeit wonderful yarn, I was looking forward to selecting a color and waiting for that box to arrive on my doorstep. Here's hoping you find a few dollars for your Swish, or that the stash holds something equally wonderful.

 
At 11/21/2006 11:36 PM, Blogger Olotie said...

Swish was going to be my second choice, so if you end up using it, let me know how it goes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home