A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Back to the drawing board

I'm so happy to have made it to the new Blogger! Finally I am able to knit along with all of you again.

Not all the news is good, however. One day not too long ago, I reached the end of a row, and when I was about to turn my work, I happened to notice that Arwen was looking a bit wide. And sure enough, when I whipped out my trusty tape measure, the back of the cardigan was several inches bigger than it was supposed to be. My gauge had relaxed as I knit, and I was getting four stitches to the inch instead of four and a half. I don't know why I didn't notice this until I had half the back done, but there it is. I have to start over.

I really like the fabric I'm getting at this more relaxed gauge, so I'm considering just casting on the next size down, and hoping that gauge will make up the difference. But I know that would just be asking for trouble, so I'll be good and swatch with another yarn before I make any decisions. I have some Dale Sisik in the stash that might do the trick. It's a little thinner than my Beaverslide yarn, and it's a singles, which might make the cables pop a little more. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 2:22 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh Beth! How frustrating. But I'm sure that Sisik will be lovely. Show us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home