A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cast on!

My yarn arrived yesterday, and cast-on accomplished! I love the KnitPicks Andean Silk. Sangria is a rich, deep, and lively color. More like cabernet sauvignon than sangria, but that's okay with me. Unlike others, I didn't swatch the cables, but when I swatched my stockinette it was right on. The swatch washed well also. For now, it's just mindless knitting, perfect for finding a litle peace.

I may need a little hand-holding later on in the pattern, however!

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 3:09 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see the Sangria.

 
At 11/19/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Lexy Girl said...

I have that same yarn in my Knit Picks basket right now for this... but I haven't made a commitment yet :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home