A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

I got it!!

I got my IK Winter '06 in the mail today!! Since I know you're all dying to know how the Arwen is constructed, I'll type out the description.


... drum roll, please ...


"Reversible bands of Celtic knot cables, worked at the same time as the body of the garment, edge the fronts and continue seamlessly into the hood. Each front-and-sleeve unit is worked as one piece; the sleeve stitches are cast on at the armhole and worked as part of the front."

"The sweater is worked in three pieces. The back is worked as a rectangle from hemmed lower edge to shoulders. Each front is worked to the armhole, then stitches are cast on for the sleeve, which is worked up and over the shoulder to the sleeve seam. Stitches along the neck edge for each front are continued to the top of the head for the hood, casting on extra stitches in the first hood row for the back of the head."

Finished sizes: 33-1/2, 37-3/4, 41, 45-3/4, 49, 53-1/4

Gauge: 18 sts and 26 rows = 4" in St st on size 8 (5 mm) straight needles; 24 stitches of either cable chart measure 2-3/4" wide on larger straight needles.

2 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Me too! I haven't had a chance to pore over each page yet (bad bad day at work) but I'm off to do just that shortly.

PS - I've started a baby blog. I have no idea if it'll go anywhere or just vanish into the ether next week.

 
At 11/07/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger The Skirt said...

Hm, Celtic knot cables. How hard are they exactly?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home