A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I got the cuff-grafting blues.

Wow, there's so much excitement here all of a sudden! Everything looks so great. I am nearly done with the last piece of my Arwen, and am generally delighted with the way it is turning out: soft, colorful, drapey. Mmmm. Unfortunately I am in the midst of moving, and all the pieces of my camera are scattered about, so no picture at the moment.
I'm sticking a little on the kitchener stitch, though. My first cuff grafted up really badly, but I shrugged it off and moved on to the next piece. But cuff number two is making me really mad and frustrated. I've used kitchener stitch before for grafting sock toes and other straightforward two-live-rows-of-stockinette before, but between juggling the knit and purl stitches and picking up from the cast-on edge, I can't seem to get it straight. Any advice?
Thanks!
-Kat

3 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 2:50 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations on getting this far with your cardigan. I've only finished swatching. I don't have advice for helping you with your kitchenering. I do have advice of another type. If you feel like the first grafting really is that bad, take it out and fix it. You'll see those cuffs every time you put it on, and if it bothers you enough, you won't wear it. It's only my opinion, but you've already put in so much work, so you might as well be able to wear and enjoy it.

 
At 1/10/2007 5:57 AM, Blogger alala said...

umm, no advice since I'm not even close to finishing a sleeve yet, but thanks for the heads-up, good luck, and please do let us know if you find anything helpful.

 
At 1/10/2007 8:36 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

I have no idea what to say. I just started the front left side. But perhaps you can email Vanessa, who has already finished the sweater.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home