A Cardigan for Arwen KAL

The Knit-Along for A Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. Come join the Fellowship!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hello! Thoughts on color?

Hello out there! I'm Kat with a K, and I have a weakness for cables, hoodies, and literary references. So here I am. :-) I must admit that I've been knitting for years but have never actually finished a sweater. Perhaps this will be my first.

Anyone have any thoughts on color yet? I lean toward green or brown by default for this sort of thing, but I'm also thinking it could be nice in something like periwinkle...

5 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 10:59 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

It may sound strange, but I'm imagining gray because I'd like one silver celtic knot button as a closure. Is it strange to design around a button?

 
At 10/25/2006 12:00 AM, Blogger LotusKnits said...

Oh I bet that would be very pretty!!

 
At 10/26/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Tink said...

I'm leaning more toward an earthy green- elves and all, it just seems to fit. Mind if I join the KAL?

 
At 10/28/2006 3:22 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

I'd like to join also, if you let me :) I think I finally might find some use for 17 balls of light blue Cathay in my stash. Usually I have to use DK weight yarn when the pattern requires aran to get the right tension.

 
At 11/03/2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Rycrafty said...

I too think it would look great in tweedy greens and browns, somehow I can also see it in a deep purple or maroon, like Arwen's mourning gown from the movies. Come to think of it, I have some KnitPicks Andean Silk in maroon that I've been wondering what to do with....

So yes, I say tweedy, greyish green, or something deep and rich.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home